ActiMat is a needle-punched geosynthetic clay liner consisting of two geotextiles: a non-woven and woven fabrics, between which a sodium bentonite layer is placed.
ActiMat adopts unique self-seeming overlaps technology which doesn’t require any additional treatment of its longitudinal edges.
- Water reservoirs, dams and river embankments
- Liquid wastes disposals sites, transfer stations, secondary containment
- Transport infrastructure
- Solid wastes storage and disposal sites
- Robust construction
- Limited preparation work
- Easy and quick installation
- Long performance
- All weather installation, including wet and frozen subgrades
- unroll on smooth and compacted subgrade
- apply with overlapping
- can be applied on humid or frozen subgrade
- cannot be applied in standing water
ActiMat is produced in 5m wide x 40m long panels, rolled onto a 100mm internal diameter central core, and protected with a plastic sleeve. Other panel sizes are available on request.
ActiMat, if it is in the original undamaged packaging, can be stored without a cover.
There are no special safety measures required for the handling and installation of ActiMat, other than those normally implemented on construction sites.